- Indicative costs.
The Reader’s Report on fiction costs £100 if your manuscript is under 100,000 words,£120 for 100,000 to 150,000 words and £150 for 150,000 to 200,000 words.
On non-fiction the charge is £120 for under 100,000 words, £150 for
between 100,000 and 150,000 words and £180 for 150,000 to 200,000 words.
- What is included in the service
The Reader’s Report offers a short, clear and honest assessment of your work.
It will offer informed comment on
- the content
- the storyline (if appropriate)
- the style and tone
The reader will also indicate whether or not, in their opinion, further work on the manuscript will improve its chances of publication.
- What is not included in the service
- advice on submission to agents and publishers
- copy editing
- HOW IT WORKS
- The manuscript is provided on CD; flash drive or email attachment as a Word Document.
- Corrections are made on a copy document using Track Changes.
- A copy of the original document and a copy of the changed document are returned to the author in the medium originally selected.
- Authors wishing to have the editing done on a hard (paper) copy should discuss this prior to engaging in a contract with Jane Thomas.